Saturday 1 September 2012

Sunday Review: Maybelline Lipsmooth Color Blossom


Hey Chicas!

It seems I've been apologising left and right for having been gone so long but my laptop was outta commission.Fear not! The intrepid warrior hath returned!

Since my last post was a lip balm from Maybelline, I will continue with another product with similar purpose.
Presenting the Maybelline Lipsmooth Color Bloom in Peach Blossom.


I am a total lip junkie and when it comes to lip balms, I can really spend a whole lot. While typing this post I have over 12 lip balms of various brands meant for different purposes and of differing price ranges bought all over the world sitting in my vanity......and another one on order.Yeah thats a whole lot.

Anyway on to the subject of this post, this lipbalm/color might just become my everyday use item.I usually use Lip Ice in Natural which gives my lips a nice pink tinge without the heaviness of lipsticks and this one is pretty similar but heavy duty stuff!


This what the company has to say about it:

Why You’ll Love It
  • Now lips bloom with true-to-you color!
  • Hydrating white balm transforms on lips to give a color that is uniquely yours!
  • COLOR BLOOMING TECHNOLOGY with tone-revealing pigments reacts with the unique chemistry of your lips to give them a healthy flush of color.
  • JOJOBA AND PRO-VITAMIN E FORMULA continuously conditions and hydrates while protecting with SPF 16.
  • Available in 2 shades.

Pros:
  • Moisturizes instantly!
  • Clear on application, becomes slightly pink after 2-3 minutes, giving lips a nice peach/pink tint
  • The tint remains even after the balm itself is gone.
  • The pink/peach shade does not settle into the fine lines, but glides on to give smooth finish
  • It does stay on over 6 hours!
  • Easy to carry slim packaging
  • Inexpensive at Rs. 95- 99.
  • Re-application (Which I hate doing!!)  is a matter of choice because it does hydrate your lips for hours!
  •  No Transference to classes etc. (Hate when that happens!)
  • Contains Jojoba and pro-vitamin E formula
  • Contains SPF 16
  • Lightly fragranced
  • Shelf life of 3 years (Not that its going to last beyond 5-6 months with regular use)
  • Easily available in stores and online shopping sites
  • Can be used as a hydrating base for pink lipsticks
  • So much less finicky to use than lipsticks!
Cons:
  • It does feel a little waxy on my lips, unlike the Lip Ice lip balms which are very light
  • Does not cover a pigmented lip (But I guess thats too much to expect!)
  • Only available in two colors: peach blossom and pink blossom



I give it : 4.8/5 :)

1 comment:

  1. excellent post. very nicely written.

    sliceofbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...