Wednesday 23 May 2012

Nostalgia and Nail Art

Yep Nostalgia and Nail Art, what do they have in common you may ask.Well I have just returned from my hometown of Shimla and since its at an elevation, the weather is still spring-like and one could see lady birds everywhere! They always remind me of March when we would rejoin school after a long winter break of 3 and a half months!
The schools in Shimla close in November after final exams and the kids rejoin the next class (If the y passed :P) in March.So March meant seeing all your friends, new notebooks,new uniforms and pencil boxes.I still get excited every March (yeah I know I was a geek who loved school  :-B ) So this nail art is inspired from my trip home :)
What do you need:
  1. Nail paints: Black, Red and White
  2. Base coat and Top Coat (Optional)
  3. Dotting tool or toothpick 

Step 1: Prep your nails by applying a base coat.
Step 2: Apply red lacquer all over the nails and wait to dry.Clean the overspill from around the nail till it dries.You can do 2 coats if you feel 1 is too sheer, here I am ok with just 1 (as a rule I dislike applying a lot of layers since they block the nail from getting oxygen and sunlight)
Step 3: Use black nail paint to colorblock the ends of the nails as shown.

Step 4: Then Draw a vertical line across the length of the nail, till all nails are done.
Step 5: Use the dotting tool/toothpick to place black dots on the red halves/body.
Step 6: Place 2 small white dots equi-distant from the vertical line to form eyes of the lady bird.
Step 7: After the color is dry, apply top coat. Admire :P
This nail art is for you if you:
  • Like bold colors
  • Are a fan of ManU :D
  • Have medium and short nails

So how do you like this nail art? Let me know, requests for occasions and themes are also welcome :)

PS: I had to organise my nailpaints coz they were being found all over the house so I decided to put em in the Revlon gift basket mom had.Watcha think??




No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...